Who We Are
The Johnston Community School Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization led by an Executive Director with a volunteer Board of Directors whose members are dedicated to enhancing our children’s educational experience.
The mission of the Johnston Community School Foundation is to raise funds to provide grants for our educators in support of our students and schools to promote educational excellence.
What We Do
The Foundation facilitates funding of creative projects and ideas to promote academic achievement. We fund projects in our schools that otherwise may never happen. The Foundation supports academics, special needs, and the arts and seeks to enhance the education experience in each of our schools, across all grade levels.
We award grants that support classroom instruction by providing much needed resources to educators in our schools. Grand funds benefit our students directly and stay in our community.
The Johnston Community School Foundation has provided over $450,000 in funding to Johnston educators since 2001. Your support of the Foundation is an investment in our children and our community.
Here are a few examples of what your support can accomplish:
- Improving communication skills, reading comprehension and fluency and math skills utilizing iPads and iPods at Beaver Creek Elementary
- Increase literacy skills by providing appropriate leveled books to elementary students at Timber Ridge Elementary
- Build literacy skills and improve listening for struggling readers, special-need students and English-language learners with audiobook reading technology for Summit Middle School
- Enhance reading, research and technology skills with unlimited access to reference material at Johnston Middle School
- Provided required materials for two new classes at Johnston High School - Forensic Science and Entrepreneurship - Running the JHS Store